A sense of community
Die Weides strives to create a student community with a homely atmosphere.
All the houses are within walking distance to campus and consist of 12 to 18 individual studio apartments with a shared kitchen and living room. A base WIFI service of 20mbps per house with a 4mbps individual profile limit. The base WIFI service was upgraded to 100mbps per house. Secure off-street parking and an on-site laundry service add to your comfort. Cleaning services once a week for the room and twice a week for the communal area.
Security measures in place
All homes are secured with an 8-line electric fence, linked to armed response. Management receives SMS notifications on faulty fences. Clear burglar bars on windows that can be opened. Panic buttons or room alarms in all rooms except 22 Verreweide
Before completing the Application Form:
- Review the Rental & Service agreement on the website. (This is the 2022 contract. Contact us, to apply for the 2023 waiting list).
- Print the Signature Page of the Rental & Service agreement from the website. (This is the 2022 signature page. Contact us, to apply for the 2023 waiting list).
- Sign the signature page of the Rental & Service agreement. (These are the 2022 documents; please contact us for the 2023 waiting list.)
- Upload the signed page, as well as a copy of the ID of the contract holder, proof of residence (not older than 3 months) and a copy of the occupant’s student card or student acceptance letter.
Upon submission, you will receive an automated response email from us.
STEP 2 - Receive deposit invoice & pay
Mail your proof of payment of the total deposit amount of R20,800.00 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Initial booking and breakage deposit: R19,400.00
- Admin Fee: R1,400.00
Step 3 - You hear from us
You will receive an email confirming your booking (Booking Confirmation Letter) as well as the Unit assigned to you and the payment method of your choice.
STEP 4 - Pay the invoice
We will invoice you for the rent as per your payment option which is payable by 11 November 2022. You will receive this invoice a month before 11 November 2022.
Please make sure that you use the BPK number on the invoice as reference.
STEP 5 - Move in
How do I book a room?
- Complete the online Booking Form
- Receive your invoice & pay the deposit
- Wait for your booking confirmation
- Sign the Rental & Service agreement
- Pay the remainder of the rental invoice
- Move in
How safe is the accommodation?
Die Weides has the following security measures in place at each house: The perimeter is surrounded by an 8-line electric fence, linked to armed response. Except for 22 Verreweide, each room has either an alarm installed or a panic button linked to armed response. See-through burglar bars in front of windows that can open.
Is there a laundry service?
Each house is equipped with a washing machine and a washing line.
Is there WIFI available?
Each tenant has access to:
- A base WIFI service of 100mbps per house. (The line is uncapped, but once the maximum speed is reached, the line will become slow.)
- Any additional Internet related requirements are for the Occupant’s own account.
- Each house has fibre
Is there parking for my vehicle or bicycle?
Secure off-street parking and a bicycle stand are available on the premises.
How equipped is the kitchen?
Kitchens are fitted with an oven, hob, extractor fan, microwave, fridge/freezer.
What do I need to bring?
You need to bring your own bedding (sheets, duvet, pillows & pillowcases), towels, bathroom mat, study lamp, laundry basket, and hangers for clothing. Bring your own kettle, cutlery and crockery. Please enquire if your room has a microwave or fridge.
What can I expect to pay for electricity?
Electricity rates vary by house, depending on zoning and location. Electricity is pre-paid; please contact us for individual unit rates.
What exstra costs can I expect?
- Water usage is invoiced to tenants three times a year.
- Replacement of lost keys or remotes
- Drain blockages
- Globes are a consumable and are charged to the tenants.
- Repairs to damaged property
- Cleaning – If we discover the house to be dirty and need to hire additional cleaners, you will be charged.
- See house rules for more information
Can I bring my own bed and mattress?
- Providing your own bed and mattress is prohibited
- We encountered numerous issues with this request and decided against allowing students to bring their own beds.
Signature Page of the Rental and Service Agreement
Link deactivated – fully booked for 2022.