A sense of community
Die Weides strives to create a student community with a homely atmosphere.
All the houses are within walking distance to campus and consist of 12 to 18 individual studio apartments with a shared kitchen and living room. A base WIFI service of 20mbps per house with a 4mbps individual profile limit. In 2022 the base WIFI service will be upgraded to 100mbps per house. Secure off-street parking and an on-site laundry service add to your comfort. Cleaning services once a week for the room and twice a week for the communal area.
Student safety is a priority. All homes are secured with an electric fence, linked to armed response. Management receives SMS notifications on faulty fences. Each room is equipped with an alarm, also linked to armed response. Clear burglar bars on windows that can be opened.
Before completing the Application Form:
- Review the Rental & Service agreement on the website.
- Print the Signature Page of the Rental & Service agreement from the website.
- Sign the signature page of the Rental & Service agreement.
- Upload the signed page, as well as a copy of the ID of the contract holder, proof of residence (not older than 3 months) and a copy of the occupant’s student card or student acceptance letter.
Upon submission, you will receive an automated response email from us.
STEP 2 - Send us your deposit
Mail your proof of payment of the total deposit amount of R19,700.00 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Initial booking and breakage deposit: R18,300.00
- Admin Fee: R1,400.00
An invoice will follow payment.
Step 3 - You hear from us
You will receive a mail to confirm your booking (Booking Confirmation Letter) and the Unit allocated to you.
STEP 4 - Pay the invoice
We will invoice you for the rent as per your payment option which is payable by 13 November 2021. You will receive this invoice a month before 13 November 2021.
Please make sure that you use the BPK number on the invoice as reference.
STEP 5 - Move in
How do I book a room?
- Complete the online Booking Form
- Pay the deposit
- Wait for your booking confirmation
- Sign the Rental & Service agreement
- Pay the remainder of the rental invoice
- Move in
How safe is the accommodation?
Die Weides has excellent security measures in place. The perimeter is surrounded by an electric fence, linked to armed response. A room has either an alarm installed or a panic button linked to armed response.
Is there a laundry service?
Each house is equipped with a washing machine and a washing line.
Is there WIFI available?
Each tenant has access to:
- 2021: a base WIFI service of 20mbps with a 4mbps individual profile. (The line is uncapped, but once the maximum speed is reached, the line will become slow.)
- 2022: a base WIFI service of 100mbps per house. (The line is uncapped, but once the maximum speed is reached, the line will become slow.)
- Any additional Internet related requirements are for the Occupant’s own account.
- Each house has fibre
Is there parking for my vehicle or bicycle?
Secure off-street parking and a bicycle stand are available on the premises.
How equipped is the kitchen?
Kitchens are fitted with an oven, hob, extractor fan, microwave, fridge/freezer.
What do I need to bring?
You need to bring your own bedding (sheets, duvet, pillows & pillowcases), towels, bathroom mat, study lamp, laundry basket, and hangers for clothing. Bring your own kettle, cutlery and crockery. Please enquire if your room has a microwave or fridge.